In the previous article, we have discussed about islam quotes about love from Quran. Today we will talk about: Quran quote about patience. This quote is taken from the verse of the Quran Surah Al Baqarah verse 153. The reading of the verse is as follows:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّابِرِينَ
The meaning from Baqara 153 is “O you who have believed, seek help through patience (sabr) and salat (الصَّلَاة). Indeed, Allah is with the patient.”
There are many quotes about sabr. Surah baqarah verse 153 this is one of them. In it, we are encouraged to be patient and always munajat to Allah through prayer.
Quran Quote About Patience
The verse shows that those who are able to be patient and endure through all kinds of difficulties, and turn to Allah in ṣalāh (prayers), will find that Allah is always with them. He would guide them through their trials.
The verse emphasizes that patience (sabr) and ṣalāh (salat) are two important instruments that believers (mu’min) can rely on when they face challenges in their lives and seek help from Allah. Apart from that, the verse also implies that Allah is with those who are patient and implies that being patient is a quality that is valued by Allah.
In this Quran quote about patience, sabr and prayer are two things that can help us live happily in this world and the hereafter.
How to practice sabr? From Quran quote about patience, there are several ways to practice patience and develop it as a virtue:
- Mindfulness: Being mindful of the present moment and your thoughts and emotions can help you stay calm and patient in difficult situations.
- Self-Reflection (muhasabah): Reflecting on your reactions and emotions in certain situations can help you identify triggers and learn how to respond differently.
- Planning and Prioritizing: Prioritizing your tasks and making plans can help you feel more in control and less overwhelmed, leading to greater patience.
- Practicing gratitude: Focusing on what you are thankful for, rather than what you lack, can help you develop a more positive outlook and greater patience.
- Empathy: Putting yourself in other people’s shoes and understanding their perspectives can help you be more patient and understanding of their actions.
- Letting go of the need for immediate results: Recognizing that good things take time and that not everything can be done right away can help you be more patient and less frustrated.
- Perspective-Taking: Sometimes it is helpful to remind yourself that the situation or problem is temporary and will pass.
It is important to note that developing patience is a gradual process and it is normal to have setbacks, but with consistent effort and practice, you can develop greater patience over time. We hope that Quran quote about patience can be useful. Amen